Pork Tacos with Chipotle Sauce
Tacos garnished with crispy lettuce and ground pork meatballs. The whole thing topped with a chipotle sauce and sour cream. With its different compartments, the Starfrit Lock&Lock Bento 3-tier Lunchbox - 520 ml / 17.5 oz is ideal to keep the lettuce fresh, the tacos crispy, to reheat the meatballs separately and to assemble the parts at lunchtime!
For the tacos
- 14 oz Ground pork
- 1 Shallot
- 10 sprigs Fresh cilantro
- 1 clove Garlic
- 2 tbsp Japanese breadcrumbs (Panko)
- 1 tea spoon Cajun spices
- 1 Egg
For the chipotle sauce
- 3/4 cup Sour cream
- 2 Limes
- 8 sprigs Chives
- 24 Mini-Tacos
- 2 leaves Romaine salad
- 1 tsp Chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- Vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper
- Mince the French shallot, chives and cilantro.
- Mince the garlic and slice the romaine lettuce to make a chiffonade.
- Zest the lime and whisk the egg in a bowl.
- In a bowl, combine the zest, sour cream, chipotle sauce and chives.
- You can season to taste by adding salt, pepper and lime juice.
- Combine all the ingredients for the meat balls and make sure they are well combined.
- You do not have to add all the panko and eggs, add just enough to form balls that hold together.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Form 24 balls and place them on a baking sheet.
- Cook for 10 minutes in the oven.
- Remove from the oven, drizzle with the taco sauce and then finish cooking for 3-5 minutes.
- In your Lock&Lock bento box, place the different preparations in separate compartments, making sure that the tacos are alone or they will become moist.
- When ready to eat, layer the garnish in the tacos and enjoy!
- You can use any salad you like for the tacos.
- Also, be careful not to make the sauce too spicy, use chipotle at your own discretion.