Reinvented Niçoise Salad
The perfect summer recipe from Nice that we reinterpreted and that you will be able to take with you, on the go, in the Starfrit Lock&Lock Glass 630 ml (21 oz) Rectangular or any Lock&Lock food storage container.
For the salad
- 0.4 lb Fingerling potatoes
- 1/5 lb Green beans
- 4 Green onion
- 1 can Anchovy
- 1/4 cup Pitted Kalamata olives
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Italian tomatoes
- 2 Boston lettuces
For the vinaigrette
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 Lemons
- 1 tsp Fleur de sel
- In a The Rock stock pot, put the potatoes and cover them with cold water, then bring to a boil and let it cook for 25 minutes.
- Skewer the potatoes with a small knife, they must be soft inside.
- Once done, strain and let cool down.
- Peel and slice them.
- Remove the stems from the green beans and cut in half.
- In a big pot of salted boiling water, blanch for 5 minutes, strain and transfer to an ice bath.
- Remove the lettuce leaves, wash and dry them.
- In a pot of boiling water, cook the eggs for 10 minutes, then cool them down in cold water.
- Peel them and cut them into quarters.
- Mince the green onions.
- Strain the anchovies.
- Dice the tomatoes
- Squeeze and strain the lemon juice.
For the salad
- In a Lock&Lock food storage container, place the lettuce, then add all the ingredients except the anchovies.
- In a separate bowl, mix the olive oil, the lemon juice, the sea salt and a bit of fresh cracked pepper.
- Pour the vinaigrette on the salad and finish by topping with the anchovies.