Roast Duck with Pear Stuffing
We're sorry, an error has occurred while generating this content.
- 1 Duck (1.75 kg / 4 lbs)
- 5 pears, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 onion, grated
- 100 g fresh brown breadcrumbs
- 1 lemon for its juice and rind
- 1 orange for its juice and rind
- 2 teaspoons dried sage
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Salt and pepper
- Sage sprigs
- Orange slices
- Chopped pears
- Rub salt over the duck.
- Mix the remaining ingredients together thoroughly, binding with the egg and stuff the neck end of the duck. Secure with a skewer.
- Weigh the bird and calculate the cooking time. Allow 30 minutes per 450 g/1 lb.
- Place the duck in The Rock Ceramic Ovenware rectangular dish , prick skin with a sharp fork and roast in a moderate oven for the calculated time.
- Garnish as illustrated.