Round Date Cake
This decadent dessert is made with the Starfrit Pressure Cooker - surprising but true!
- ½ cup (125 ml) brown sugar
- 1¼cup (310 ml) flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking powder
- 3 tbsp. (45 ml) butter, softened
- ½ cup (125 ml) milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla extract
- 1 cup (250 ml) dates, chopped
- In a large mixing bowl, combine brown sugar, flour and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, incorporate the egg, milk, butter and mix well.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the sugar and flour. Mix with a wooden spoon.
- Fold in the dates and pour into the cooking pot.
- Press Cake function and close the lid. Once cooking time is over, the appliance will beep 5 times and automatically switch to Warm mode.
- Note: Refer to the ‘’ COOKING PROGRESS DISPLAY ’’ section to monitor cooking stages.
- Note: No pressure is used for baking cakes.