This decadent coffee and chocolate cream recipe is the perfect ending to a tasteful meal!
- 6 egg yolks
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ⅔ cup milk
- 1¼ cups heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pound mascarpone cheese
- ¼ cup strong brewed coffee, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons rhum
- 2 packages ladyfinger cookies (3 ounce)
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- In a medium The Rock Diamond saucepan, whisk together egg yolks and sugar until well blended. Whisk in milk and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils. Boil gently for 1 minute, remove from heat and allow to cool slightly. Cover tightly and chill in refrigerator 1 hours.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream with vanilla until stiff peaks form. Whisk mascarpone into yolk mixture until smooth.
- In a small bowl, combine coffee and rum. Split ladyfingers in half lengthwise and drizzle with coffee mixture.
- Arrange half of soaked ladyfingers in bottom of the 8.5-inch The Rock Ovenware round dish. Spread half of mascarpone mixture over ladyfingers, then half of whipped cream over that. Repeat layers and sprinkle with cocoa. Cover and refrigerate 4 to 6 hours, until set.