Turkey burger with Gruyere cheese
Try this Turkey burger with melted Gruyere, creamy Dijon mustard and marinated red onions served with a baby spinach salad to get you psyched for spring! The Patty Stacker by Starfrit, comes in handy when molding and stacking your patties in one convenient container.
- 4 units Burger bun
- ¾ lb. ground turkey
- 2 sprigs Thyme
- 4 slices Gruyere cheese
- 4 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 handful(s) Baby spinach
- 1 Red onion
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Red wine vinegar
Preheat your oven to 425°F
- Make sure there are no chunks in the ground turkey. Chop the thyme. Chop the red onion.
- Mix everything well.
- Mold the ground turkey into patties using the Patty Stacker, by Starfrit.
Pickled onion preparation
- In a small saucepan, pour the red wine vinegar then add the sugar and bring to a boil.
- Turn off the heat, toss the onions in and leave them at room temperature for 15-20 minutes.
Preparation of the burger
- Season the ground turkey with salt and pepper.
- In a The Rock nonstick pan with a little bit of canola oil, color the 2 sides well.
- Then put them on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes, at 425°F.
- Cover each patty with a slice of Gruyere cheese.
- Have the cheese melt on the patties in the oven for 3-4 minutes.
- Cut buns in half and then lightly brush them with olive oil.
- Toast them in the oven until golden brown.
- Inside the 2 breads, spread the Dijon mustard, add the patties, a little bit of pickled onion and a few spinach leaves then skewer the burger with a toothpick to hold it upright. Serve.