Vegetable and Shrimp Spring Rolls
Spiralizing your vegetables makes preparing these vegetable and shrimp spring rolls a breeze
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 medium beet
- 1 cup (250 ml) mint leaves
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into slices
- 10 shrimps, cooked and halved
- 10 Rice papers
- 2 cups (500 ml) hot water
- Sesame seeds to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp. (45ml) peanut butter
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) hoisin sauce
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Sriracha sauce
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) of water
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) lemon juice
- Spiralize all the vegetables using your Starfrit Electric Spiralizer (circle blade). Set aside.
- Fill a large bowl with hot water. Dip one wrapper at a time until softened then place on a clean damp cloth to start assembling the rolls.
- Fill the center of the wrapper starting with the mint leaves, 2 shrimps halved and alternate with the rest of the vegetables. Top it with sesame seeds (to taste).
- Roll your wrap tightly. Repeat with the remaining wrappers.
- In a mixing bowl, add all the ingredients for the sauce and mix well.
- Serve your rolls with the peanut butter sauce.