Filled with nutririous vegetables, this delicious lasagna is prepared in The Rock Ovenware - from oven to table and a breeze to clean!
- 1 pound of Lasagna pasta, cooked and cooled
- 1 medium Onion, diced
- 2 cloves of Garlic, chopped
- 1 Red pepper, diced
- 1 Yellow pepper, diced
- 1 medium Egg-plantm diced
- 1½ cups of cooked Spinach, chopped
- 1½ cups Ricotta cheese
- 2 cups Cottage cheese
- 4 cups Marinara sauce
- ½ cup fresh Basil, chopped
- 1½ cups Mozarella cheese, grated
- Un a large fry pan at medium-high, cook onion, garlic, peppers and egg-plant in olive oil for 5 minutes and let stand.
- Place spinach, Ricotta and Cottage cheese in a bow, add basil, salt and pepper and mix together until smooth.
- Oil a 9" x 13" mold (use The Rock ovenware). Place a layer of tomato sauce (approximately 1 cup) at the bottom of the mold.
- Place lasagna on top, making sure they cover the bottom completely.
- Add half of the mix of spinach/cheese on top of pasta, then add half of the vegetables..
- Repeat a second time (sauce, lasagna, cheese mix, vegetables).
- Add a last layer sauce and cover with lasagna. Make sure you still have 1/2 cup of sauce left.
- Baste the top layer of lasagna with the rest of the sauce, sprinkle grated cheese and cocver with an aluminum paper.
- Place in the oven at 350°F for 40 minutes. Take aluminum paper off and continue cooking for 10 minutes or until cheese is golden.