Coffee Covered Almond Shortbread Cookies
Delicious mini shortbread cookies with a diamond pattern on top. Baking often requires absolute precision when measuring which is why you should use the nutritional scale as well as the measuring spoons and collapsible cups, by Starfrit.
- 280 gr Salted butter
- 40 gr Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 80 gr Icing sugar
- 80 gr Almond powder
- 260 gr Wheat flour
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Egg yolk
- 3 tbsp Coffee flavor
Preheat your oven to 356°F
- First and foremost, make sure to weigh in every single ingredient with the Starfrit Nutritional Scale and Measuring spoons and cups.
- Put the butter to room temperature using the microwave (set 3-4 times in 10 second increments).
- Place the butter in the mixer and dump the sugar on top.
- Mix with the paddle attachment until it is nice and fluffy (it needs to look like mashed potatoes).
- Add the eggs one by one integrating them fully before adding another one.
- Sift all the dry ingredients and add them in one shot to the mix and stir until fully incorporated.
- Spread the dough between two sheets of plastic wrap and set in the fridge for 4 hours minimum.
- Once you take the dough out of the fridge, mix it with your hands until the texture becomes spreadable.
- Lay it on a table and roll it out using a Starfrit Rolling Pin (this is best done on top of a floured baking sheet).
- Spread to 5 mm of thickness and cut the cookies out with a cookie cutter.
- Once they are cut, glaze the cookies with the coffee glaze and, using a spoon, make a diamond shape pattern and let them rest in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Then bake for 8 to 16 minutes or until desired color is obtained, depending on your oven.
- Whisk all the ingredients together and, using a kitchen brush, spread the coffee glaze on top of the cookies and set the cookies in the fridge for a few minutes so the glaze can dry.
Keep the cookies in a hermetically sealed container and they will keep for 2 weeks.