Basil Pesto Pimavera Pasta Salad
For the basil pesto:
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) pine nuts
- 500 ml (2 cups) basil leaves (compated)
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) grated parmesan
For the salad:
- 250 g farfalles (or other short pasta)
- 1 red onion
- 1 red pepper
- 1/2 cucumber
- 45 ml (3 tablespoons) basil pesto
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) olive oil
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) lemon juice
- 5 ml (1 teaspoon) lemon zest
- 16 black olives (pitted)
- Salt & pepper (to taste)
- In a personal blender, pour half of the olive oil for the pesto.
- Add garlic and pine nuts. Mix a few seconds.
- Add basil and remainder of olive oil, little by little by pulsing a few times before adding more basil.
- Add parmesan and mix a few seconds. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, bring to a boil salted water and cook pasta until al dente. Strain under cold water.
- While pasta is cooking, mince onion.
- Dice red pepper and cucumber.
- In a large bowl, mix pesto with oil.
- Add juice and lemon zest, vegetables and olives. Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Add pasta and mix all ingredients together.
Source: © Pratico-Pratiques 2017