We're sorry, an error has occurred while generating this content.
- 1 kg /2.4 lb Russet baking potatoes, peeled
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 cup double cream
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350F/176C.
- Slice the potatoes into thin slices, about ⅛ inch thick using your Starfrit Pro Mandoline. Place the slices into a bowl as you cut them.
- Press the cloves with you Starfrit Garlic Press. Scrape the grated garlic flesh into the bowl with the potatoes.
- Season the potatoes, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Pour the cream over the potatoes and mix well again.
- Place the potato slices into the The Rock Ceramic ovenware Square dish . They should come to just below the top of the dish. Press the potato down with the back of a spoon or your hands so it forms a solid layer. The cream should come to just below the top layer of potato (top up with more double cream if necessary).
- Place the potatoes in the oven and bake for 1-1½ hours, or until the potatoes are completely tender. (If the cream looks like it's splitting, your oven is too hot, so turn it down a bit.) Serve the dauphinoise as a side dish to roasted meat or poultry.
Products used in this recipes
- The Rock 9x9" Ceramic Ovenware0343900040000$25.99
- PRO Mandoline093035002NEW1$34.99