Fresh Tuna Salad
Light and nourishing meal, easy and quick to make and perfect for a lunch box and without any of the major allergens! Perfect for your Lock&Lock Bento Lunchbox - 950ml by Starfrit.
- 2 cups Seedless watermelon
- 1 Cucumber
- 1 cup Pitted black olives
- 1 Yellow pepper
- 8 leaves Basil
- 2 sprigs Tarragon
- 10 sprigs Chives
- 5 Italian tomatoes
- 2 tbsp Pumpkin seeds
- 1 Yellow mango
- 1 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Lime
- 1 can Flaked light tuna
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
Preheat your oven to 375 F°
- Cut the watermelon flesh into small cubes.
- Cut the cucumber into half moons and remove the seeds, then salt them to remove excess water.
- Seed and slice the pepper.
- Finely slice the chives, tarragon and basil.
- Cut the tomatoes into quarters, remove the seeds and cut into small cubes.
- Roast the pumpkin seeds in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Cut the mango into small cubes.
- Zest the limes and juice them.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the mustard, vinegar, salt, pepper, olive oil, lime zest and lime juice.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except for the tuna and gently combine.
- Add the fresh herbs and combine.
- Transfer to your Starfrit lunch box and top with the tuna.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to eat.