Lasagna with Roasted Vegetables
A classic lasagna but with a simple and fresh vegetable twist! With the Easy Mandoline from Starfrit, cutting and slicing vegetables evenly and at different thicknesses becomes a breeze. Cook everything to perfection with the Rock by Starfrit rectangular dish, by having an even heat all around.
- 2 cups Tomato sauce
- 8 leaves Basil
- 1 large Eggplant
- 2 Yellow peppers
- 2 Zucchinis
- 2 handfuls Baby spinach
- 1/2 cup Swiss cheese
- 9 units Precooked lasagna
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 3 tbsp Wheat flour
- 1¼cups Milk
- ¼ cup Swiss cheese
- 1 pinch Nutmeg
Preheat your oven to 375°F
- With the Easy Mandoline by Starfrit, slice the eggplant and the zucchini lengthwise.
- Take the seeds out of the peppers.
- In a medium stewpot, on medium heat, gently start melting the butter then add the flour at the same time while constantly whisking or stirring with a wooden spoon.
- Add in the hot milk and keep on stirring slowly until the blend thickens and reaches a smooth texture.
- Turn off the heat, add the grated cheese and the nutmeg.
- Salt & pepper to taste.
- In a pan with heavy bottom, slowly cook the spinach with a knob of butter for 2 minutes, give or take.
- On a cooking tray covered with a silicone mat.
- Place the eggplant slices evenly on a tray covered with a silicone mat and sprinkle with salt and olive oil. Same goes for the zucchinis and the peppers.
- Put them both in the oven at 425°F for 10-15 minutes until slightly colored.
- Then, inside the The Rock Rectangular Dish, by Starfrit (13'' x 11''), pour in the béchamel to cover the very bottom of it.
- Then a layer of cooked lasagna pasta and another layer of eggplant and spinach.
- Then, pour the tomato sauce, bechamel again and the grated cheese.
- Cover again with another layer of cooked lasagna, tomato sauce, zucchinis and peppers, all around.
- Add the remaining béchamel sauce, then the remaining cooked pasta and finish with another layer of tomato sauce and grated cheese.
- Put everything in the oven at 375°F for 45 minutes.
- You can put the temperature up to 425°F for 5-7 minutes just to give it a nice color and crust, depending on your personal taste!
- Make sure the béchamel is well seasoned as it is the foundation of this entire recipe. It will properly blend all of its flavors.