This One Pot seafood casserole recipe is elegant yet easy to make. Great for the seafood lover!
PREPARATION TIME 10 minutes
COOKING TIME 15-20 minutes
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
- 1 to 2 green onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 ½ cups (375 ml) grape tomatoes, halved
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup (65 ml) white wine
- 4 cups (1 L) vegetable broth
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) 15% fat cooking cream
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- ⅓ lb (150 g) spaghettini (or other fast cooking long pasta)
- ¾ lb (375 g) mussels, rinsed and drained
- ¾ lb (375 g) clams, rinsed and drained
- 20 medium shrimps, shelled and deveined with tail intact
- Fresh parsley, chopped (for garnish)
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced (for garnish)
In your The Rock One PotTM 7.2 Qt Stock Pot, at a medium heat setting, soften green onions, garlic and tomatoes in olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Deglaze with the wine and simmer for 2 minutes. Add vegetable broth, cream, lemon zest; stir well. Break pasta in half and add it to the sauce; stir gently. Cover and bring to a boil. Add mussels, clams and shrimps; stir well. Adjust heat to medium and simmer, covered, for about 5 minutes, stirring once, until the mussels have opened. Adjust seasoning and serve. Sprinkle with red onion and fresh parsley, if desired.
NOTE: After cooking, discard any mussels and clams that remained closed.